Windows Defender’s previous versions had fewer features but the new version of Windows Defender offers a lot in terms of protection, performance, and usability. Overall, it covers the basics, making it an attractive free option for users looking for a bare-bones antivirus that works.
But to rate how good enough a Windows Defender is? Then one can say that it depends on the user’s type of Internet activity, his expectations, his choices, and priorities. So, in general, let’s have a look at what we like in Windows Defender and what we don’t like:
- It is absolutely free, it means it provides free protection
- It comes pre-installed
- No impact on the system performance
- Effectively protects from viruses and malware
- Easy to use
We don’t like:
- The number of extra features is limited and,
- Scores in the tests are mixed
- It is vulnerable to user error.
Also, Read More: How to Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10?