Turning off windows defender in Windows 10 is not a good idea because it protects the data present on the system. However, you can turn it off once you have another antivirus suite installed on your device. So, here are the steps for you to take to turn off windows defender in windows 10.
1. First, you need to press the windows button on your keyboard and click on the Settings link.
2. Then, you need to click on the Update and Security option from the settings app.
3. After that click on the Windows security option from the left side panel.
4. Then, go to Virus and Threat Protection option.
5. Now, click on the Virus and Threat Protection Settings to turn it off.
6. Then, click on the Realtime protection option and toggle the switch to turn it off.
Windows defenders are now renamed as windows security, so don’t need to get alarmed from that.
Learn More: Disable Windows Defender Antivirus on Windows 10