Windows Defender comes pre-installed in Windows 10 operating system and it gets updated itself. However, sometimes it is necessary to know in advance “how to disable and enable Windows Defender” so that in case of emergency you are yourself able to turn off/turn on Windows Defender.
So, having that in mind, let’s start with the methods of enabling and disabling Windows Defender from Windows 10:
1. Use Command Prompt: You need to open the command prompt with the help of administrative privileges and then you have to run the following command:
- To enable: sc start WinDefend
- To disable: sc stop WinDefend
2. Use Windows Settings: You need to open Windows Settings by pressing ‘Win + I’ together and then follow the following steps:
- In Windows Settings go to ‘Updates and Security’ in ‘Windows Security’ option.
- Then, under the ‘Virus and Threat protection’ settings select the ‘Manage Settings’ in order to select the toggle real time protection switch to disable or enable Windows Defender.
Also, Visit Here: https://getassist.net/microsoft-windows-defender-antivirus-security/